10/26/10

Turkey Sliders

So every time Brandon and I venture to Jackson, we make this huge deal discussing where we are going to have lunch.  And every time, we end up at Kiefers. 

Mediterranean-esq joints are probably my favorite, I am such a fan of baba ganoush.  I'm also a fan of the slider, ground turkey, and pita bread.  All of these forces combined are probably the reason that I give last night's supper two thumbs up, way up. 


The above picture was snapped just moments ago as I put my lunch into the work fridge.  I forgot to take one last night; by the time the sliders were done I was famished and took to eating them standing up in the kitchen.  I agree that the picture is kind of creepy looking but I thought it might be helpful to see a pic of the little dears.  

Turkey Sliders
adapted from WW Magazine

Sauce:
1/2 cucumber, seeded, peeled, and diced small
1/4 cup low fat sour cream
1 tbl lemon juice (about half a lemon)
1 tsp chopped fresh mint
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper

Burgers:
1 lb lean ground turkey
1 green onion, minced
2 tbl roasted red pepper, minced
1 tbl ketchup
1 tbl chopped fresh mint
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
10 (2 1/2 inch) whole wheat mini pitas, split OR 3 regular whole wheat pitas, cut into fourths and split

To make sauce - mix cucumber, sour cream, lemon juice, mint, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.  Set aside.

To make burgers - combine turkey scallion, roasted pepper, ketchup, mint, garlic, cumin, coriander,and black pepper in a large bowl.  Form into 10 burgers. 

Heat a large skillet over medium heat, coat with cooking spray.  Cook the burgers until done, about 5 minutes on each side. 

To serve, place one burger between pita bread, top with a heaping teaspoon of sauce. 

Serving size 1 slider
WW points 2
Points Plus 3 

And now......day two of the gratitude list!

1.  Sliders of all kinds. 
2.  The story "From Inside the God Box" in this months Real Simple magazine.
3.  Rain.
4.  My Wii Sports Active workout regimen.
5.  Matchstick corduroy pants from J Crew. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment