10/11/10

Two of My Faves (Peanut Noodles)

Don't you love it when two of your favorite things come together effortlessly?  I do, too.  Maybe effortlessly is a bit of a stretch for this meal.  It required lots of chopping and I had to get Brandon to get my blender out of the cabinet.  I can never reach that thing. 

On the grand scheme of things, it wasn't to much work....the chopping was kind of therapeutic and all of the veggies made me feel very healthy.  

So what is it?  What are two of my favorite things that came together in this effortless yet kind of labor intensive meals?  Drum roll.............................peanut butter and noodles.  Love them both, just usually not together.  I think the love of peanut butter is a family thing, I've heard Chickey say that she allows herself one spoonful of peanut butter every afternoon.  I like that.  I also like noodles.  So comforting.  This meal is one of those where you feel like you are eating something bad for you but you're really not.  Great for a Sunday night meal. 

Can you tell I'm still tired from the weekend and really struggling to get my thoughts together?  Maybe if I put my glasses on it would help. 

Peanut Noodles
from WW Magazine

1/3 cup low fat peanut butter
1/4 cup warm water
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 tbl minced peeled fresh ginger
1 tbl rice vinegar
1 tble packed brown sugar
1 garlc clove, chopped
6 oz soba noodles or whole wheat spaghetti
1 red, yellow, or orange bell pepper thinly sliced
1 small cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and sliced
1 carrot, shredded

To make peanut sauce, puree peanut butter, water, cilantro, ginger, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, and garlic in blender.

Cook noodles.  Drain in colander, rinse under cold water, drain again. 

Transfer noodles to a large bowl.  Add peanut sauce, bell pepper, cucumber, carrot.  Toss to coat.

WW points 5
Serving size (approx) 1 1/4 cup

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever let a tablespoon of peanut butter melt into a bowl of oatmeal? Heaven!

    ReplyDelete