11/23/10

Almost There....

It's almost time to carve the bird and listen to Arlo Guthrey.  Can you feel the excitement in the air?  Are you getting excited?  I know I am.  I have found the Chevre cheese for my torte and am unfolding my stretch pants.  Just kidding, I'm going to exercise restraint this holiday season.  Weight watchers suggests that you get your family together after the Thanksgiving meal for some sort of physical activity; with our crew of 63 at the Luckett Lodge (the number has gone up, Brandon is having his first Luckett Lodge Thanksgiving Extravaganza) we could have ourselves a little mini marathon.  It could be a qualifying race. 

Just three more gratitude lists to go.  I must say that I will miss this daily exercise.  It has been a good thing for me and has helped me to shift my focus when it gets a little off.  Life is hard sometimes, it helps to remember all of the blessings in life. 

Today I am grateful for:

1.  Getting to sit outside to do a little work today.  Yes, it's strange to be warm in November but it sure was lovely. 

2.  Boundaries. 

3.  My new blue dress. 

4.  Brian Williams being so cute.  It makes the fact that he is delivering some unnerving news from around the world more bearable. 


5.  My iPod.  It was purchased in 2005 as my congrats on getting a job gift to myself and is still with me.  Brandon's 17 year old cousin stopped by my house last night - he was shocked to learn it was, in fact, a working pod. 


Seriously.  How cute is Brian Williams?  What a fox.

Ok so I have to add a sixth because as I type this post I am listening to this story (as told by Foxy Brian Williams)....

6.  I am grateful for people that do amazing things like, oh I don't know, ACT AS LIVING KIDNEY DONERS TO COMPLETE STRANGERS JUST BECAUSE THEY THINK IT'S A GOOD THING TO DO.  I just cried.  I can't get the video to load but if you poke around in the health section of the NBC Nightly News site, I bet you can find it!

No comments:

Post a Comment