11/1/10

Finally....a Meal (Pasta alla Vodka)

I love it when what you want to cook for supper requires minimal going to the grocery store action. Don't you?


I thought so.


That's what this one was.  I pretty much had everything required for this one, right down to the fresh basil (thanks to my sassy fall pot in the driveway).  

The "vodka" in this recipe might give some the anxiety.  However, I am a girl that does not touch the stuff and I liked this meal.  The taste in no way screams "VOOOODDDDKKAAAA!" It just screams "PAAAASSTTTAAA!"

 
Pasta alla Vodka
adapted from WW Online

1 tsp olive oil
2 medium garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp dried tarragon
14 1/2 oz canned diced tomatoes
8 oz can tomato sauce
1/4 cup vodka
1 tsp cornstarch
1/2 cup fat free milk
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
8 oz uncooked whole wheat pasta, cooked and kept warm (the recipe called for fusilli, I used mini shells as that's what I had on hand)

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.  Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.  Add tarragon and stir.  Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, vodka.  Simmer for about 10 minutes. 

Meanwhile, dissolve cornstarch in milk and whisk until blended.  Add mixture to skillet and simmer 1 minute, until sauce thickens.  Remove from heat and stir in basil.

To serve, divide pasta among 4 shallow bowls, top with sauce and serve hot.

Serving size 1 1/3 cup of pasta with 2/3 cup of sauce
WW points 6
Points Plus 8

No comments:

Post a Comment