11/11/10

I Believe (Tater Tot Casserole)

I believe in heaven.  I believe it's a beautiful place; a place where you are always comfortable in a light jacket and leggings never go out of style.  I believe that no one hurts, there is no fear, and no one gets the anxiety.  I believe that Foxey and Mollie are there (our Shelties, may they rest), along with both of my grandfathers, my great grand parents, and a whole slew of others.  I also believe that tater tot casserole is there.  

I'm serious.  It's that good.  

This idea was born out of mine and Brandon's recent adventure to the country.  It was in his great great (great?) aunt's house that I first tasted this a-mazing treat. 


I thought about this meal for quite a few days and was eventually able to hunt this recipe down on the internet.  Thank you, world wide web.  Thank you. 

It's not fancy, and so far as I can tell there is not a whole bunch of nutritional value.  And being made with tater tots and all, the point value is kind of high for a small serving size.  You know what?  Just make it anyway.  And maybe exercise a little longer that day OR just say to heck with it for one meal.  It's worth it.  Swear. 

Tater Tot Casserole

1 lb lean ground beef
1 large onion, diced
1 tsp garlic
1 can low fat cream of chicken soup
1 can low fat cream of mushroom soup
72 tater tots
3/4 cup finely grated 2% cheddar cheese

Spray a large skillet with cooking spray.  Brown ground beef, onions, and garlic.  Once beef is cooked, stir in the cans of soup. 

Meanwhile, spray a large baking dish with cooking spray.  Place the tots in the bottom of the dish.  Top with beef mixture, then cheese.  Bake for 1 hour.  Remove from oven, divide into 12 pieces.  Smile and love your life. 

Serving size 1 piece
WW points 5
Points Plus 5  

2 comments:

  1. Just had a little giggle picturing you count out 72 tater tots.

    Pretty sure the boys in my family are already thanking you for this one... Oh, I'll be real- I love a good tater tot myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am grateful for this post. And most especially for this recipe....I LOOOOOOVE a good tot.

    ReplyDelete