11/2/10

RB and R

Woo!  That's what I wanted to scream when I tasted this meal.  Woooooo!  It's even worth that second, longer woo.  But wait.  Just when you thought that it couldn't get any more exciting....it does.  How?? It was made in a crock pot.  Boom!  Crock pot RB and R. 

 
This would be a perfect meal for a day like today, being we're having a monsoon and all and it's kind of cool outside.  Also a great one for a weekend.  I made it on Sunday and it was kind of awesome to smell it up in the kitchen all afternoon.
Crockpot Red Beans and Rice
adapted from Tasty Kitchen

1 lb dried red beans
7 cups of water
1 whole green bell pepper, chopped
1 whole onion, chopped
3 stalks of celery, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
14 oz turkey sausage, sliced
3 tbl Tony's

Place all ingredients in a crock pot.  Cook, covered, on low for 7 hours. 

Serving size 1 cup
WW points 2
Points Plus 2

A few notes on this one.  I used the full 3 tbl of Tony's and it really had some heat to it.  If this gives you the anxiety,  knock it down a little.  Also - serve this with rice; hence Red Beans and RICE. I used Uncle Ben's Fast and Natural brown rice and if memory serves me right, It's 3 points for a cup.    

3 comments:

  1. gonna make this very soon, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura,
    I want to make this this weekend! Did you put the rice in the crock pot too, or cook it separately?
    Thanks,
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Molly! I cooked them separately. Hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete