11/18/10

Sausage Onions and Peppers Stoup

So it gets dark at 5:30. So I have to scamper outside 10 minutes before I leave and crank the car so I can see out the window.  So the skinny jean trend is preventing me from layering with leggings.  So what.  

I've got soup.  With onions, peppers, and sausage in it.  Boom! Laura Merrill: 1; Increasingly cold weather: 0.  At least for now.  I'm sure the tables will turn and I will be doing some serious cold weather induced whining. 
 
 
You, too, can have this soup.  Thank you, Rachel Ray...thank you.

Sausage Onions and Peppers Stoup
adapted from Rachel Ray  
2 tsp olive oil
1 1/4 lb sweet Italian turkey sausage
4 cloves of garlic, diced
2 medium onions, sliced thin
3 Anaheim peppers, seeded and sliced
2 tbl balsamic vinegar
2 cups chicken broth
28 oz diced fire roasted tomatoes
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup torn fresh basil
Heat olive oil in a large pot.  Add sausage, cook.  Add garlic, onions, and peppers and cook until sausage is completely done and onions and peppers are done. 
Add balsamic vinegar and deglaze the pan.  Add chicken broth and tomatoes, bring to a boil.  Reduce heat to a simmer.  Cook for 5 minutes, stir in basil and parsley.  

Serving size 1 cup
WW points 3
Points Plus 4

*Serve this with a little Parmesan cheese to add a little extra pizazz.  

No comments:

Post a Comment