11/29/10

Southwestern Beef Soup

Monday.  Why I oughtta....(you have to say that while shaking your right fist up in the air).  Some days I want to drop kick a Monday....especially a Monday that comes after an extended weekend of visitors and celebrations. 

At least I have leftover soup in the work fridge to get me through my morning.  Leftover soup and a new outlook on weight watchers.  And some bananas.  And a crick in my neck.  I'm not sure what that crick has to do with anything but whatever.  I probably got it yesterday from spending 7 hours on my couch looking at the tree (and maybe watching 16 and Pregnant). 

Back to the soup.  This is one of those recipes where I had to handle raw meat for an extended amount of time.  However, this trauma was reduced when I was able to use my crock pot.  It's all about balance, eh? 

Here's the recipe.  Weight watchers please note that I will now list point values as "Points Plus" or more likely "PP."  That's what they are doing on the site and I'm trying to acclimate. 

Southwestern Beef Soup
adapted from WW message boards

1 lb round steak, trimmed of fat and cut into cubes
1 can black beans
2 cans rotel tomatoes
2 cups frozen corn
1 envelope onion soup mix
1 onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 - 2 tbl chili powder (depending on how hot you like you soups)
3 cups of water

Place all ingredients in the crock pot.  Cook for 1 hour on high and then for at least 4 hour in low.  OR you could just put it in the crock pot in the morning and let it cook on low all day. 

Serving size : 1 cup (makes 12 servings)
Points Plus : 3

No comments:

Post a Comment