11/26/10

The Times They Are a Changin'

Oh Bob.  How your song fits so well with most stages in life.  Death, birth, weight watchers...

Starting Monday, the WW program with go through a big 'ole change.  How appropriate...the Monday after many of us have maxed out on various casseroles, desserts, and meats. 

I assume that a few of the people that read this blog are followers of the WW.  If not, you may want to scroll down to a small section of pics from Thanksgiving 2010.  This might get a little boring to you. 

For those WW peeps out there - you may or may not be familiar with the changes about to go down.  I would place myself in the not familiar category, they (the WW empire) are being pretty hush hush about the changes.  The information that I have I've gotten from their website, in addition to talking to a few people that have leadership roles in WW. 

What I do know is that all fruits and veggies are free (like i think you could eat 12 bananas if you felt so inclined), the point values will go up on most foods, and each person's daily point allowances will go up.  People that have done it have said that they give the new program two enthusiastic thumbs up.  Maybe they didn't say that exactly, but they have said they like the changes. 

As far as I go, I'm looking forward to a fresh start.  I will have been on the program for 2 years in January and like everything you do for a while, I've found myself getting kind of lax.  I'm looking forward to the new found excitement, as well as learning more about nutrition.  I will probably shy away from posting recipes for a while as I try to get the hang out of it.  I also hope to redo point values for each of my recipes to reflect the new program.....we'll see how far into that I get. 

If you want something cozy and  yummy to cook this weekend...how 'bout you try some of these favorites? 

Slow Cooker Lasagna

Hodge Podge

Win's Pot Roast

Creamy Salsa Chicken

Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili

White Bean Chicken Chili

And now, since I can feel your excitement boiling over, here are some pics from Turkey Day 2010.  A large time was had by all, I regret that I didn't somehow get an overview picture of how packed out the Lucket Lodge was...it was kind of amazing.  Everything went off without a hitch, except for when, right after applying a fresh coat of lip gloss, I playfully gave the Baby Girl and tickle on the tummy, followed with a kiss.  Right smack in the middle of her adorable smocked white pumpkin outfit.  At least she can look back on that dress and remember how much her Auntie loves her. 

Just a few snaps of the day....


Margaret, Me, Chick - I think pre-food.  Otherwise this would have been a picture of us on the floor. 


Me and the Pegs AKA my mom. 


Pegs and Lisa AKA the Queens of Thanksgiving

Happy Friday to all!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment