12/13/10

Spice Rubbed Pork Chops

Yesterday I made the venture to Jackson.  Why you ask?  Because it was the kick off to our family Christmas season with the Pond side of the family.  It was great to see everyone, even more great to watch Baby Girl try to figure out how to function with gloves on her hands. 

Like many people who travel from Greenwood to Jackson, I just had to stop at the Fresh Market to pick up some goodies.  It's like Christmas up in there.  I could spend my pay check on cheeses alone.  

This time at the FM, I picked up some pork chops.  It's no surprise that I feel the same way about cooking pork as I do cooking chicken; it's touch and go whether I'll eat it if I cook it.  It helps with my weirdness to get ingredients that appear to be of a higher quality.  At least if I got it from Fresh Market, I can trick myself into believing it's a higher quality.  Not sure if it actually is or not but who knows. 
   
 

Spice Rubbed Pork Chops
from WW online

1 1/2 tbl chili powder
1 tbl brown sugar
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tbl Worcestershire sauce
4 lean boneless pork chops, 1/2 thick

Turn oven to broil.  Spray broil pan with cooking spray. 

Combine the first 5 ingredients, mix until a paste forms.  Rub past over pork chops. 

Broil in oven for 4 minutes on each side

Serving size 1 chop
Points plus 6

No comments:

Post a Comment