12/14/10

Cold Weather and Hair Products (Chicken Tortilla Soup)

Hey there, 15 degrees.  These temperatures are for the birds and make me do things like get tangled up in my snuggie and refuse to clean out my car.  Both of these are totally unrelated but are a direct result of me being cold.  At least there's soup.  Heck, for me there's always soup but whatever.

This is supposed to be chicken tortilla soup - and it is except for I got ate up with the lazy and did not make tortilla chips.  Or buy them.  Instead I made cornbread.  From the box.  Bam! 
   

Chicken Tortilla Soup

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
15 oz can whole peeled tomatoes, mashed
10 oz enchilada sauce
1 medium onion, chopped
4 oz can chopped green Chile peppers
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups of water
14.5 oz chicken broth
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 bay leaf
10 oz frozen corn
1 tbl chopped cilantro

Place all ingredients in a crock pot.  Cook on low for 10 hours.  30 minutes before eating, remove chicken from pot, shred it, and return. 

Serving size 1 cup (makes 10 servings)
Points Plus 3

Great topped with sour cream and cheese; just be sure to adjust the points values!

In hair volume news....meet my new friend:  Root Pump Spray More specifically, Big Sexy Root Pump Spray.  Love it love it love it.  It's making my new short 'do have much more bounce. 

You should get some. 

Happy Tuesday peeps! 

3 comments:

  1. so excited you got the big sexy!!! (per my recommendation i might add...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s.
    can we PLEASE get a pic of your new do??

    ReplyDelete
  3. uh, yeah...new short do? let's see it!!!!

    ReplyDelete