12/30/10

Misty Chicken (Chicken Scallopini)

Check out that pic! Operation Misty Chicken, huh? Using my fancy new phone for the pictures these days, figuring I needed to jazz things up since I can't take them in front of the tree anymore. That sucker was down by 12 noon on December 26.


Why am I talking about the tree? Back to the chicken.


This is little dish was discovered on the faithful 'old WW message boards.  Love those message boards like I love my snuggie.  And Reeses' peanut butter cups.  What? 

The flavor in this dish was phenom and it was pretty simple to put together.  Amazingly enough - I had most of the ingredients on hand so it was a relatively inexpensive dish.  I'm not sure why I had capers in the fridge but I'm just going to go with it. 


Chicken Scallopini
adapted from WW Message Boards

17 oz boneless skinless chicken breast (try to make it into four equal pieces - I had two smaller breasts and one bigger one, just chopped the bigger one in two)
salt and pepper, 1/4 tsp of each
2 tbl lemon juice
1/3 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 cup fat free chicken broth
1/4 cup dry white wine
4 tsp capers
1 tbl butter

Place chicken breast between two pieces of wax paper, pound to 1/4 inch thickness.  I did this by beating the heck out of it with a skillet.  I think I scared my neighbor half to death. Brush chicken with lemon juice, season with salt and pepper.  Dredge each side through the bread crumbs.  

Heat a large pan over medium high heat, cook chicken breast on each side until done.  Remove chicken from pan, set aside and keep warm. 

Add broth and wine to the pan, stir constantly for about 30 seconds.  Remove from heat and add capers and butter.  allow butter to melt. 

Serve chicken covered with sauce.  And maybe have some 0 point Brussel sprouts?  I think so. 

Makes 4 servings
Serving size 1 piece of chicken and 1/4 of sauce
Points Plus 6

No comments:

Post a Comment