12/17/10

Oreo Fudge Bars

Do you love Oreos? Are you looking for a sweet to take to that Christmas Party?  You should make this.  I did.  Not just for me, of course, but for my office Christmas Party.  It's been hanging out in my fridge (glaring at me) for the last few days and I was glad to get it out of the house Wednesday for the party. 


I found the recipe of The Crepes of Wrath website; this girl has a gazillion recipes that I want to try.  To bad they are for things like 'Smore Bars and White Chocolate Peppermint Marshmallow Fudge and not salads and lean meats.  Oh well, it's the holla-days. 

If you're interested in the recipe you can find it by clicking here

A lesson in white chocolate:  it's not really chocolate.  What?  Yeah, that's what Chef Nick told me.  The fact that it's not really chocolate.  This means it doesn't melt.  Thank goodness I was having a chef over for dinner.  So this is now Nick saved the day and made sure that I could have something yummy to drizzle over the bars....

1 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 stick of butter
about 1 tbl of Nutella (yes!)

Heat butter and stick of butter, combine.  Stir in Nutella.  Pour into a small zip lock bag.  Cut a small corner in the bag, drizzle over the bars. 

Or you could just forget about a drizzle and sprinkle white chocolate chips over your bars. 

Have a sweet Friday.  We'll all get back on track after Christmas....

No comments:

Post a Comment