1/13/11

The Biscuits are Back (Biscuit Pizza)

Did you really think I would stop at Biscuit Enchiladas?  Heck no.  I feel as though it is my duty as a person to try out every dish in the WW catalog and contains a biscuit.  Or 8.  I do it for you, dear reader.  I do it for you. 

This dish, along with getting in my quitters at 530 pm, was the perfect end to an unnecessarily frigid day.  It was warm, it was cheesy, it was a big dish of comfort just waiting to give me a hug. 


Take me home, country road. 

Biscuit Pizza

1 lb lean ground beef
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 tsp basil
1 tsp Italian seasoning
16 oz tomato sauce
1 can of light biscuits (I used Grand's Home style light with 8 large biscuits)
chopped vegetables for topping (i used chopped onions and bell peppers)
17 turkey pepperonis
1 1/4 cup part skim mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 350. 

In a large skillet, cook meat, onion, and garlic.  Add Italian seasoning, basil, and tomato sauce; combine. 

Divide uncooked biscuits into fourths.  Place in the bottom of a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.  Add the meat mixture to the biscuits; make sure it's all even. 

Top with vegetables and turkey ronis. 

Bake for 25 minutes.  Add cheese, bake for another 10 minutes or until biscuits are done.  Allow to stand. Divide into 8 equal pieces. 

Serving size 1 piece
Points Plus 8

No comments:

Post a Comment