1/19/11

Cheese Fries - For Real

So I'm sure many of you are sitting on pins and needles, just waitin' for the big unveil of the cheese fry, cheese fry, glorious cheese fry recipe.  However, before we get to that, let's talk for a minute about how damaging it can be when you go to a restaurant and start ordering fries with things smothered on top of them.  I'm doing this to scare myself because sometimes I look twice at a smothered fry when ordering....

image and nutritional information here

Krystal Chili Cheese Fries:  15 Points Plus

I'm not saying that I spend a lot of time at the Krystal burger but sometimes it's late and it just happens, you know?  Can I get an amen?

chili cheese fries from Sonic 

Ok so apparently no one likes just a CHEESE fry, it's got to be a CHILI CHEESE fry.  These are from Sonic and come in at 8 points plus for a small.  Who gets a small?  Anyways.  better than Krystal but still kind of rough.  

Enough with the pictures.  According to the WW website, 1 serving of cheese fries from a restaurant will cost about 18 points plus.  Hey there, not being able to eat much of anything else that day besides bananas!  I think I'll pass.  

And make these instead!

They were pictured on yesterdays post and I was quite pleased.  Ok, I'll stop rambling now.

WW Cheese Fries
from WW online

2 large potatoes, peeled
2 oz low fat cheddar cheese
salt and pepper, to taste

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Cover a large pan with cooking spray.  

Cut potatoes into 1/2 inch thick strips, arrange on the baking sheet.  Season with salt and pepper.

Bake for twenty minutes, flip potatoes, continue baking for another 20 minutes. **Or just make sure you bake them until they are golden brown and fork tender.  Mine could have definitely gone longer..... 

Lump the fries together, sprinkle cheese on top.  Bake for five minutes.  

Serving size 1/4 of recipe
Points Plus 3 

No comments:

Post a Comment