1/7/11

Fast Food on Friday and Guranteed Laughs

I kind of cringe as I write this post.  Why?  Well because last night I spent a large amount of time talking with a friend about the horrors of fast food and the health problems it causes.  So what do I do today?  Well, I go to Wendy's of course. 

Let me start from the beginning.  I woke up this morning with one of my annoying Migraine headaches. This is not a huge deal as they don't leave incapacitated, only feeling not quite right. Besides making my nose tingle, they also leave me feeling absolutely ravenous. I'm not a neurologist, so I can't say why, but I know that after the headache goes away all I want is a Coke heavy and a loaf of Cotton white bread.  Isn't that strange? 

As I was all broke down with the Migraine, I didn't pack my lunch this morning.  I didn't want Subway (or the cafeteria) so I was put to the test to find something to eat for lunch that would not totally blow the points.  I was also looking for quick and cheap... wasn't in the mood to spend 12$ on a sandwich today.  After doing some research, I settled on this little meal from the Wendy's.   


A kids meal Coke heavy (I could not stop myself) 2 points
Side salad (mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, carrots) 0 points
Jr Hamburger (comes with mustard, ketchup, pickles and onions) 6 points

The coke heavy made my afternoon, the burger was pretty tasty, and the salad (with a little bit of zesty Italian) was a good way to add some bulk to the meal. I was quite impressed with how fresh the salad tasted.  Go on with your bad self, Wendy's!

In guaranteed laughs news, Go Delta State!  I am so excited about this upcoming show at the Bologna Performance Arts Center.  Brandon and I went to see The Second City when we went to Chicago a few years ago, and it remains one of the funniest things I've ever seen...


You should come, we'll be there!  Tickets available here

Happy Friday, party people!  Stay warm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment