1/28/11

A Few on Friday

Hi there! I've been up since 3:30 am! Forgive me if I ramble.  Since I've been awake for so long,  I've had plenty of time to ramble about the 'net and think about random things. 

And watch the Australian Open.  I enjoy a good tennis match.  Really. I do.  I mean I don't watch it all that much but I enjoy it.  Watching it at 4 am made me feel like a really devoted tennis fan.  In fact, the announcers kept telling me how devoted I was. 

In no particular order, here are some things.  Maybe they'll help to keep you entertained until it's time to head home.  Or head to happy hour.  Whatever. 

My friend Swayze sent me the link to the blog Southern Burbon Mountains.  It made me laugh out loud.  You should read it.  But only if you like to laugh out loud.  Thanks Swayze!

This print was found after stalking the Urban Grace blog.  Talented, those girls.  Good taste.  Fancy taste, even.  Anywho.  The blog led me to John Derian Company website which appears to be full of things that I can't really afford.  I do, however, have a fondness for dreaming.  Dream on, I shall. 

find it here

Have you heard that the skinny jean is on its way out?  Or maybe not so much that it's on its way out as a wider leg is on its way in.  Heck, I don't know. Leah?  Help. I'm still wearing leggings and over sized tops even though Tim Gunn told me not to.  

So if a flair / wider leg / not a skinny is coming back...what about these?  First of all, they are cheap.  That makes my little heart go pitter-patter.  Second of all, they have that wide waist band.  I wonder if that would help with my muffin top?  I wonder if it is appropriate to discuss ones muffin top on a blog?  These are the questions I don't know the answers to.     

find them here

I do know that I like this song.  It's by Pinback.  They sure can do a catchy tune.  I wonder how those people got in that bottle?  Hmmm. 


Did you know that Kindle books now outsell actual books?  I didn't.  Don't believe me?  See for yourself.

Florence + the Machine's "Lungs" is one of the most amazing albums I've heard in a while.  Decembrists "The King is Dead" ain't bad either.

I want this pattern.  But just for the pants.  That's a lot of color happening there....

find it here

While we're at it, I'll also take this one.  And I'm probably going to try to expand the pattern to an adult size so you just let me know if you need your own tie-at-the-shoulder dress.  And yes, it's reversible. 

find it here

Looking for some new food blogs?  Go here and check some of these out.  I, myself, am interested in checking out Sodium Girl and Tigress in a Jam.  If anything, just for the names. 

If you are looking for a mean burger you should go to Inner City in Ruleville, MS.  So when I'm tired I don't make the best food choices.  Sue me.  And they don't have a website or else I'd link you to it.

So I think that's it.  That's all I got in my tired little brain.  Except for if you haven't commented on this post for your chance to win the tote bag you should.  And you should also tell at least 3 friends to do the same.  

Happy Friday friends!  Hope it's a goodun'.       

3 comments:

  1. i'm a big fan of lungs myself. also, i am still wearing flare leg jeans...i never stopped. does this mean i'm fashionable?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are always fashionable my friend....

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love a bootcut! still rock those because they are always flattering. but i still love a skinny!!

    ReplyDelete