Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday dear Decorating the Elevator,
Happy birthday to you!
Yeah, I just sang happy birthday to my blog. It just felt right. I enjoy celebrating the milestones in life. I might bake the blog a cake. Funfetti? I think so.
Or maybe not. As that would kind of go against everything that the Elevator stands for. You know, staying accountable to weight watchers and all.
Anyways. It was a year ago that, after much hemming and hawing, I decided to give the whole blog thing a try. I admit that I've gotten way more into it than I thought I would and enjoy using this as my venue to completely nerd out on a regular basis.
A few things I've learned / relearned since starting this journey:
1. I can't spell.
2. I don't proofread.
3. Accountability works.
4. Telling your story, whatever it is, can be helpful to others.
5. I need a new camera.
6. Life is way better when you can make fun of yourself.
7. It's also way better when you laugh with people as they (kindly) make fun of you. Especially about spelling and proofreading.
8. I write like I think. And talk.
9. I really don't like "healthy" food. I'm more of a smother it in cheese kind of gal.
10. I might have a touch of OCD as I was not able to leave this list at "9" but instead had to add this last one to make it a nice even "10."
A million thank yous to everyone out there that reads this blog. Whether you are a secret stalker or an outspoken commenter - you are awesome!
Just to let you know how awesome you are - I'm giving you a chance to win your very own Alex and Leo tote bag. How bout that? The bag is pictured below and is made up of a nice home decor weight dark brown fabric and lined with Amy Butler's Delhi Bloom in Lime. Quite lovely fabric if you ask me.
Here's how this is going to go down.
1. Become a follower of this blog. Ok you don't HAVE to but you can. It's an option that's out there. Just go down the page until you see the option to "follow" and go from there.
2. Leave a comment on this post. You can just say hey, or you can say what you would put in this tote, or you can say why you deserve to win, or you can even make fun of it (ahem, you know who you are) and I won't even delete the comment!
Now, the choosing the winner part of this is kind of complicated so stay with me. You have until next Sunday (January 30th) to leave your comment. Let's say next Sunday at, um, 10 pm. I'll probably be asleep then but whatever.
I will then write all names on a scrap of paper, put them into a basket of some sorts, and draw the winner. I promise I will not rig or cheat or engage in any other shenanigans. Those of you that know me know that I hate shenanigans.
So check back next Monday (January 31) to see if you won!
If you pick the comment anonymously option, just be sure to write your name into the comment box. And tell your friends. Not necessarily about the commenting anonymously part but about the giveaway.
If you win, you have to drive to Greenwood and get it. Kidding. I'll mail it to you, you can email your address.
The Inside of the Tote.
Thanks again for reading!