1/11/11

Keepin' the Vampires Away (40 Garlic Chicken)

I love garlic.  I love my crock pot.  I've now found a love for leeks.  All of these forces combined for the greater good.  It was a good dish.  Good dish, indeed.  It's worth pointing out, however, that if you do not love garlic, you should probably just stop reading right here and now...this one is not for you. 

There was a point in the cooking process where I was not sure if I would ever actually eat the chicken because I thought I was going to pass out from the strong garlic smell.  Thankfully, I didn't. 

This recipe is courtesy of The Slender Kitchen.  If you have not checked this blog out...you should!  Be sure to click this link to see an idea for how to use up the leftover chicken.


And that big hunk 'o love in the bottom corner of the picture is a baked potato.  I felt the need to clarify as it kind of looks weird. 

40 Garlic Crock Pot Chicken
from The Slender Kitchen

1.2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
1/2 onion chopped
2 leeks, chopped
2 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper
2 tsp paprika
3 bulbs of garlic, peel each clove (like three whole things of garlic)
1 cup fat free chicken broth
1 bay leaf

Spray a pan with cooking spray.  Add the leaks, cook them for about five minutes or until soft. 

Add onions, chicken, salt, pepper, paprika, leeks and garlic to the crock pot.  Combine well.  Add chicken broth and the bay leaf. 

Cook on high for 4 hours OR low for 7-8 hours. 

Divide into 6 equal servings....just do your best.

Serving size 1/6 of recipe
Points Plus 4

No comments:

Post a Comment