1/4/11

Sewing Fails and Hobos

Fist of all, the plate that fell on my toe is fine.  Leah commented on that yesterday....I'm sure many of you were worried that not only was I nursing a hurt toe but was also less one dinner plate. 

So what did you do yesterday?  I hemmed a really expensive, never been worn pair of pants.  To short.  Which is awesome.  What is even more awesome is that I'm going to totally wear them to work still.  Why?  Because they are really expensive, never been worn pants.  And because even if they are to short, I'm still a little proud of my skillz. 

I also made hobos yesterday.  What is that?  Well it's a delightful little meal that I found on the delightful little blog Literally, A Spoonful.  This blog is always full of easy and economical dishes, that are still very tasty.  Often times, they transfer quite nicely into point friendly meals. 


The recipe that I'm posting today is slightly different than what I made last night.  See, I went a little overboard on the seasoning and not only were they to salty, but they were floating in liquid.  The recipe I'm sharing today is slightly scaled back.  Also - if you wanted to season the meat differently - rock that out!  Just be sure to adjust the point values if you're into that.

Hobos
adapted from Literally, a Spoonful

1 lb lean ground beef
1/3 cup light Italian dressing
2 tbl Dale's seasoning
1 medium onion, sliced into rings
1/2 medium baking potato, chopped up
2 tbl butter

Preheat oven to 350. 

Combine the meat, Dale's, and Italian dressing.  Combine, make into four equal patties. 

Place each patty on a separate piece of foil, divide onions and potatoes equally among the four pattys.  Place 1/2 tbl of butter atop each patty.  Wrap them up tight and bake in the oven for 40(ish) minutes or until meat is cooked and veggies are tender. 

Serving size 1 hamburger patty with veggies
Points Plus 6

2 comments:

  1. whew! i was up all night thinking about your plate! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry about the pants. i've majorly failed on a hem job before.

    thanks for the hobo shout out!

    ReplyDelete