1/10/11

Snow Day (Caramelized Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bread)

Here is the view outside of my window...




And here is what I had for breakfast....


Three cheers for a snow day.  And for Kathy Lee and Hoda.  They are kind of funny.  I've always been a Today show girl but have really watched their show.  Silly, silly girls.  I like it. 

I also like caramelized banana oatmeal chocolate chip bread.  Well, let's go ahead and make that love.  I love this bread.  This is what I did yesterday to keep myself entertained between snow showers.  I must say, it was quite worth it. 

Caramelized Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bread
from The Slender Kitchen

1 1/4 cup whole wheat flower
1 egg
2 egg whites
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup splenda
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
3 ripe bananas
1 cup old fashioned, uncooked oats
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Place bananas (peels on) in the oven and cook until the skins are completely black; about 10 minutes.

Combine all dry ingredients (baking powder, splenda, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, oats).  Set aside.

Remove banana peels, mash up bananas in a large bowl.  Add egg and egg whites and combine.  Add banana mixture to dry ingredients.  Combine well.  Fold in chocolate chips.

Place mixture in a loaf pan coated with cooking spray.  Bake for about 35 minutes or until a knife comes out clean when inserted. 

Divide into 10 slices

Serving size 1 slice
Points Plus 4

1 comment:

  1. This sounds delicious! I will give it a shot! I'm sure my kids will love it too.

    ReplyDelete