2/7/11

Dorm Room Snack (Hot Fiesta Dip)

Does anyone else know what I mean when I say dorm room snack?  It's something that can be made with at least one canned vegetable, usually some salsa, always microwaved, and easily stored.  When I was at DSU, Emily and I would often enjoy a black bean - salsa - shredded cheese dip that got us through a lot of hungry afternoons.  Oh, dorm fridge.  Imagining having to use you again as my primary food storage option gives me the anxiety. 

One of the dips I made last night closely resembled a dorm room snack.  All you college kids out there....this ones for you!  Don't say I never did anything for you. 

Do any college kids even read this?  Holler if you do. 


Hot Fiesta Dip
adapted from WW online

10 oz frozen corn kernels
1 1/2 cup salsa
3/4 cup shredded, reduced fat, Mexican style cheese
2 scallions, chopped

Prepare corn according to directions...I steamed mine in the microwave.  

Combine corn and salsa into a microwave safe dish, cover with a paper towel, and microwave for about two minutes.  

Spread cheese over the corn mixture, wrap dish tightly in saran wrap and allow it to melt. Let stand for about 5 minutes.  

Top with scallions.  

Serving size 1/4 cup (makes about 10)
Points Plus 2

On second thought...maybe this wouldn't be the best dorm room snack.  I don't remember having saran wrap or the ability to chop any scallions when I was in the dorms.  

Just stick to easy mac, kids.   

2 comments:

  1. I received the tote on Saturday. I love it!!! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks like the perfect dip for lazy ole me!

    ReplyDelete