2/14/11

Hearts and Soups (BBQ Chicken Pizza Soup)

In honor of Valentine's Day, I'd like to spend a minute talking about how much I love BBQ Chicken Pizza.  

Well.  I know that BBQ Chicken Pizza and Valentines Day have nothing to do with each other.  And I really don't have that much to say about it other than I do enjoy a good slice.  And that I made BBQ Chicken Pizza into a soup last week.  And I forgot to take a picture of it, hence the rambling on about BBQ Chicken Pizza.  And the picture of it.

Forgive me, it's Monday.  And I stayed up to late listening to all of the new music I purchased.    

find it hereMmmmmmmmm.

This is a recipe that I found on the website Picky Palate.  Yes, this is the same gal that puts chocolate bars INSIDE of cookies and eats them.  I kind of want to be her.

This soup calls for canned chicken, something that kind of freaked me out.  Then I learned that lots of normal, every day people use canned chicken and none of them are dead yet.  So I figured I'd be ok.

BBQ Chicken Pizza Soup
adapted from Picky Palate

2 tsp canola oil
1 onion, chopped
2 tbl garlic, minced
11 oz Mexican corn, drained
2 12 oz cans Swanson's chicken, drained
1 1/2 cup fat free chicken broth
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped

Heat large pot over medium heat, add the canola oil.  Once it's hot, add the onions and cook until soft (about 5 minutes).  Add garlic, corn, chicken; stir to combine.  Add broth, BBQ sauce, salt, pepper, garlic salt, cilantro.  

Reduce heat to low, simmer until heated through and ready to serve.  

Serving size 1 cup (makes about 5 servings)
Points plus 8 

And because he's just so cute, here is a picture of my Valentine.  I'm making him something to do with pork for supper tonight...that's my V-Day contribution.    

 
Happy Valentines Day to all of you! 

1 comment:

  1. the smile on your face says it all! i'm so glad you are with a good man.

    ReplyDelete