2/3/11

Mexican Casserole

Well our mini summer is over and the cold weather is back with quite the attitude.  Well, winter weather.  I'll take your attitude and I'll raise you a Mexican Casserole.   

I know that doesn't make a lot of sense but I can't feel my hands right now so just bare with me. 

Who doesn't love Mexican food?  I do.  My hand is up right now.  This little dish is comparable to an old friend giving you a big hug.  So comforting.  It's a good example of one of those "seriously, I can eat this on WW?" meals.  Just be mindful of the serving size.  It's all about the serving size. 


Mexican Casserole

1 lb lean ground beef (95% lean)
2 cups of salsa
1 (16 oz) can of chili beans, drained
30 baked tortilla chips, crushed
2 cups reduced fat sour cream
1 small can of sliced black olives
1/2 cup green onions, chopped
1/2 cup tomato, chopped
2 cups of reduced fat cheddar cheese 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

In a large skillet over medium high heat, cook ground beef until done.  Add salsa, reduce heat, simmer for 20 minutes.  Add beans and heat through.  

Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.  Layer as follows:

crushed chips (will be a thin layer)
ground beef
sour cream
olives
tomatoes
green onions
cheese

Bake for about 30 minutes or until bubbly and warm.  Divide into 8 equal pieces. 

Serving size 1 piece
Points Plus 9

2 comments: