2/16/11

Pork for my Man (Chipotle Pork Tenders)

Brandon is my meat and three sides man.  Well technically he's my only man but you get my point.  I thank him regularly for his patience with my fear of raw meat, as this usually leads to soups and casseroles rather than a meat and three sides.

I decided for Valentines Day, I would really celebrate my favorite guy with a fancy new pork recipe.  It was a hit.  Patting myself on the back as we speak.  And eating a pb and banana sandwich.  For breakfast.  Is that weird?  Only 4 points plus. 

Back to the pork.  This little ditty was found on one of my new favorite blogs, Cheap Healthy Good.  Not only are the recipes cheap, healthy, and good; chick is also funny as all get out.  Check it out, you wont be sorry.  


One thing I am sorry about is this sad little picture.  I really only put the picture up so you could be like "Awwww, that's cute. She tried."  I love how that piece of wheat bread is trying to get in on the VDay dinner action.  And what about that stray green bean that has gone off to be with the pork?  Cute.    

Points lost for unattractive plating.  Laura Merrill, please pack your knives and go. 

But the taste?  It's good stuff.  When I made it, it was so freaking hot that I almost couldn't handle it.  I've just realized, however, that the heat was due to the fact that i misread the recipe and added two tablespoons of adobo sauce instead of two teaspoons.  I hope you don't do the same. 

Chipotle Pork Tenders 
adapted from Cheap Healthy Good

1 lb boneless center cut pork loin roast
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 tbl fresh cilantro, minced
1 chipotle chile in adobo, minced
2 tsp adobo sauce
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
cooking spray

Trim all visible fat from pork.  Slice pork into tenders (about 3 x 1 inches each).  

Combine the rest of the ingredients (except for cooking spray) into a large bowl and combine well.  Add pork and toss to coat.  Cover with saran wrap and stick it in the fridge for about 30 minutes.  

Meanwhile, preheat broiler.  Line a baking sheet with foil, coat it with cooking spray.  

Place the pork tenders on the sheet, not touching each other.  Broil about 4 minutes, flip, broil for another four minutes.  Check for doneness.  Holler.

Serving size 1/5 of tenders
Points Plus 4  

No comments:

Post a Comment