2/8/11

Saturday Lunch (Fiesta Salad)

If there's one thing I love, it's going out for breakfast, brunch, or lunch on a Saturday.  Love it.  Seems like such a treat.  Last Saturday, Brandon took me on a lunch date to Veronica's Bakery in Greenwood. 

Veronica's makes a breakfast burrito that will make your heart flutter.  I'm serious.  And they serve it all day on Saturday.  So you don't even have to rush.  You can sleep late AND eat a breakfast burrito.  Be still, my heart. 

However, this Saturday, I decided to shake things up a little bit and order the taco salad.  This decision was made after eyeing it on someone else's table. 

I'm quite happy I strayed away from my normal burrito to get said salad.  Not only was it tasty and a bit more healthful (ignore the fact that i probably used 1/2 a cup of ranch dressing), but it also inspired last nights dinner.  

Here's my take on a taco salad.  It's called a fiesta salad.  Why?  Just because it is.  

So colorful, makes me ready for summer.

A word on this.  I made it with ground turkey but am going to leave that out of the recipe.  Why?  Because I'm not sure how much I used.  Also, i used a TON of taco seasoning so that might have affected the points.  So the truth is...I'm just being lazy.  This would work with ground turkey, ground beef, grilled chicken, anything really.  Just add as you feel led. 

Fiesta Salad

1 1/2 cup lettuce (I used a spring mix)
1/4 cup salsa
1/4 cup corn
2 tbl shredded Mexican style cheese, weight watcher brand
1/4 of an avocado
2 tbl light ranch dressing

Combine it all together, add your meat of choice if you want.  Eat it up, love your life. 

Serving size 1 whole salad
Points Plus 7

1 comment:

  1. wait....Veronica's is back?!??

    Also, that salad looks de-lic.

    ReplyDelete