2/13/11

Vacationing in Belzoni (Charleston Cheese Dip)

I spent a rejuvenating weekend in the quaint community of Belzoni, MS.  It was a wonderful opportunity to eat lots of food, laugh until you snort, and most importantly...celebrate Win's birthday.  While I got ZERO pictures while I was there, I did score these lovely flowers to bring home with me. 


A nice addition to a beautiful day.  I guess that this beautiful day means I need to go walking. 

Actually, I need to go walking because of all of the cream cheese that was consumed this weekend.  My contribution was a dip that I tried from the food blog Deep South Dish.  You should make it for your next gathering.

Charleston Cheese Dip
from Deep South Dish

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 block of cream cheese, softened
2 tbl chopped pickled jalapenos
1/4 tsp Cajun seasoning
2 green onions, chopped
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup Monterrey jack cheese
1 tbl butter, melted
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup of chopped bacon

Combine mayo, cream cheese, Cajun seasoning.   Add jalapenos, green onions, cheeses.  Blend well.  Spread into a baking dish.

Toss panko break crumbs with melted butter.  Sprinkle panko over the dip.  Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly and panko is browned. 

Serve with fritos and / or celery.  

This is not anywhere close to being weight watchers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment