3/18/11

A Few on Friday

Happy Day Friends!

I love my XM radio.  It meets all of my music needs, giving me indie rock when I need to be cool; country when I need to sing; rap music when I need shake what my mama gave me; 90s alternative when I need to go back.  Back I went this morning as I jammed out to a Rage Against the Machine tune.  Not sure which one it was; as you may or may not know the screen is out on my radio which means I can't see what is playing.  This reminded me of my huge collage crush on Zach de la Rocha.

find it here

I seriously (not really) considered leaving my life and joining him as gun runner in South America.  Luckily I didn't, as the piercing of my eye brow freshman year of collage was traumatic enough for my family.  Did you hear that?  Both of my parents just gave an exasperated "I can't believe you just brought that up" sigh.  Loves ya'll! 

Everyone has their stages....

I'm not going to share a RATM song as sometimes they can get a little strong with the language and I'm trying to keep this thing at least PG 13 so I'll share the song I heard next...

 

One of my favorite food blogs, Deep South Dish, wrote a post recently about meatless options for Friday during Lent.  While I eat meat on all Friday's, I figured I'd share for the sake of my Catholic buddies out there.  Click here to see the post.  I want to try  Giada's Pasta with Peas and Carrots.  And I think I will. 

Next week, I will be traveling to Jackson to attend the annual MS NASW Conference.  It's always a treat, and will be even MORE of a treat this year as Ginny and I will be staying at the King Edward.  Go fancy hotel! 

find it here...and I think this is pre-renovation

Quite a step up from the first hotel we stayed in the first year we went to the conference together....I can't even talk about it.  I just shuddered with the memories. 

But this year...this year we are staying in style.  The beds are comfy, the bar is lovely, the breakfast is a-mazing.  It will get us all geared up the run the PACE Auction and get our conference on.  Any other fun downtown Jackson suggestions? 

I'm going to a fancy ball next Saturday and am wearing a sassy one-shouldie number.  Shouldie means shoulder, just in case you were wondering.  I'm wanting to do a sweeping updo for said ball but am having a hard time finding something that would be attainable for my sad little hay-like hair.  

     Beautiful but I bet it requires some volume and / or natural waves. Find it here.

What's a flat haired girl today?  I need my fairy hair stylist to come rescue....

Hope you have a happy weekend....I'll be sewing and mowing and planting and visiting and probably drinking a little wine.  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment