3/17/11

Flirting and Lost and Found (Asian Rice)

So this morning I decided to change the level on my Zumba workout wii thingy to "expert." I assumed that it wouldn't be to much different than what I had been doing, maybe just a little quicker and little more intense of a workout. 

Oh how wrong I was. 

Not only did I feel like I was involved in some sort of Latin Street Dance Off, but it seemed as though the guy leading the workout was hitting on me...


This is the recipe that I couldn't make last week because I'd lost the recipe. Little did I know, however, that said recipe was sitting on my coffee table under a stack of magazines.

This is kind of the story of my life.

Just like how last weekend, while cleaning out my fabric stash, I discovered no less than five yards of white fabric suitable for lining.  I'm always like "ugghhhhh, I've got to buy lining."  Turns out, no I don't have to buy lining.  Like ever again.

Anywho.  Here is the recipe.  It was good but would be even better if I could freakin' figure out how to cook rice.  Maybe you'll have better luck!  
 

Asian Rice
from WW Magazine

1 tsp peanut oil
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
1/2 tsp garlic
1 egg, beaten
1 tbl chopped cilantro
1 tsp soy sauce
1/2 cup cooked brown rice

Heat oil in a medium skillet, add cherry tomatoes and garlic.  Cook for 1 minute.  Add egg, cilantro, soy sauce and scramble.  Stir in the rice

Makes 1 (1 1/2 cup) serving
Points plus 6

Happy St. Patricks Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment