3/7/11

Fun with Gnocchi

A while back, Chef Nick at Giardinas did a few specials involving Gnocchi.  There appeared to be lots of butter, garlic, and Parmesan cheese involved.  

It was heavenly.  

I've been thinking about gnocchi ever since and wondering what I could do with it that would be tasty, easy, and not involve so much butter. 

I was also hoping to not have to make the gnocchi, as it appears to be somewhat involved.  Thank goodness for Target and their Archer Farms Line.  

As I was wondering around Target this weekend looking for rice noodles (not sure why I thought that Target would have those), the heavens opened and light shown down upon the pre made gnocchi.  

Heck yeah!  I picked up a bottled of light jarred pasta sauce and was on my merry way.  

  
While it wasn't the same dish that I'd had at Giardinas, all glistening with butter and home made goodness, the result was quite tasty.  And pretty filling.  I'm looking forward to playing around with other recipes in the coming week. 

Gnocchi and Red Sauce for One

1 cup gnocchi
1/2 cup jarred light pasta sauce
1 tbl Parmesan cheese

Cook gnocchi according to directions.  Drain when finished coking.  Meanwhile, heat the sauce. 

Combine all ingredients in a pretty pasta bowl.  Enjoy

Serving size - entire recipe
Points Plus 8

No comments:

Post a Comment