3/3/11

Pasta with Broccoli for One (And Me Trying to Act Like I've Been to Busy to Cook)

It's been one of those busy bee weeks.  Busy bee but fun. For example...I got to eat dinner with my mom and Chick last night.  Good stuff.  The waiter appeared to be impressed with how much we could eat and kept saying things like "are y'all full yet?" and "don't eat to much I want y'all to save room for your entree."  Thanks for your insight, dude.
    
 

Cuteness. 

You know what else is cuteness?  Broccoli.  Mainly because it will hang out in your fridge for a week in a half and not go bad.  That's how long I've been trying to cook this meal.  Told you I've been a busy bee.  If only I knew exactly what I'd been doing.  Oh well.  

This meal is based on something I saw on Gina's Skinny Recipes, just changed it up a little to meet me needs, wants, and wishes.  
  



Pasta with Broccoli for One

2 oz high fiber, whole wheat pasta
1 cup broccoli, chopped up
2 cloves of garlic, smashed
1/2 tbl olive oil
2 tbl grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Combine broccoli, garlic, and olive oil in a small dish.  Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, stirring half way through.  Check up on it to make sure it's not burning. 

Meanwhile, boil your pasta.  Drain, reserving about 1/4 cup of the pasta water. 

In a big pretty pasta bowl, combine the pasta, the broccoli, and however much pasta water you need just to give it a little moisture.  Sprinkle with cheese. 

Serving size - entire recipe
Points plus 9

2 comments:

  1. I make a variation of this recipe but I add a juiced lemon and a big splash of chicken broth, minus the parmesan but only because we are dairy free.

    I hadn't thought of eating it with pasta though. Look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks so yummy! definitely going to have to try it!

    ReplyDelete