3/8/11

Slidin' Into Spring (Sun Dried Tomato and Feta Turkey Sliders)

There's something about a slider that makes me happy.  Such a tidy little burger. 

Last summer, the burger award went to the Southwestern Turkey Burgers.  I feel like this year, the glory will go to the sun dried tomato and feta turkey sliders.  Such a mouth full.  And so delicious.  For reals. 

You might look at this one strangely.  Brandon sure did.  Five sliders later, he decided that he was a fan. 


This recipe will just be for the actual burgers.  The bread I used could probably be tweeked.  I was in a rush at the store and didn't do a whole lot of label comparing.  The bread was good (cobble stone wheat hogies cut into three pieces) but it was six points for a loaf.  Probably could've done something for less points. 

Enough about bread.  Here're (is that a word?) the sliders!

Sun Dried Tomato and Feta Turkey Sliders
adapted from Pickey Palate

1 tbl olive oil
1 lb extra lean ground turkey
1/2 cup of crumbled reduced fat feta cheese
1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes in oil, drained well and chopped
1/2 cup fresh spinach, chopped
salt and pepper

Combine turkey, feta, sun dried tomatoes, spinach, salt, and pepper.  Divide the mixture into twelve equal patties.  

Heat olive oil in a large pan.  It might need a little extra cooking spray to keep it from sticking to the pan.  That might be gross, or unsafe, but it's just how I rolled.  

Anyway.  Add the patties to the pan, cook them for about 5 minutes on each side or until the are done.  

Serving size 1 patty (makes 12)
Points plus 2

So I took one wheat hogie (worth six points plus), cut it into three equal pieces, and had three little sliders.  

It's worth mentioning that the blog that I got this recipe from suggests that you pair these sliders with a sun dried tomato mayonnaise.  I refrained from this but it sure does look good.  

It's also worth mentioning that "tomato" is a hard word for me to spell.  I always want to put an "e" on the end.  

That is all.    

1 comment:

  1. Yes. If you fed me this, I would give you 2 high 5's. Sounds YUM.

    ReplyDelete