3/22/11

Thanks PW (Sour Cream Noodle Bake)

What's the best way to combat a busy week?  PW's Sour Cream Noodle Bake.  For reals.  

I don't spend a whole lot of time wishing that I was other people.  However, every time I read the Pioneer Woman's blog I do get slightly ate up with the wants as she has the best camera, makes the best looking food, and has the best writing.  I, obviously, do not have the best writing as I choose to bring my point home by using the word "best" three times.  And I have run-ons like it's my job.  

Moving on.  PW's Sour Cream Noodle Bake was the bomb and was not to bad on the points!  Give it a try.  

And yes I'm fully aware of the fact that I can't seem to stop making noodley casseroles.  If making noodley casseroles is wrong, then I don't want to be right.    


Sour Cream Noodle Bake
adapted from Pioneer Woman

8 oz whole wheat "egg style" noodles (I use Ronzoni)
1 lb lean ground beef (95% lean)
15 oz can tomato sauce
salt and pepper
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
1 1/4 cup small curd reduced fat cottage cheese
1/2 cups sliced green onions
1 cup 2% shredded cheddar

Preheat the oven to 350.  

Cook pasta according to package directions.  Drain and set aside. 

Brown the ground beef.  Season with salt and pepper and add tomato sauce.  Allow to simmer while working on the other stuff.  

In a small bowl combine the sour cream and cottage cheese.  Season well with pepper.  

Add the sour cream mixture to the noodles, stir well.  Add green onions, stir again.  

Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.  Add noodles, top with ground beef.  Put the cheese on top of all that.  

Bake for about 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.  Divide into six equal slices.  

Serving size 1 slice
Points plus 9   

2 comments:

  1. I made this Sunday myself and will be having the leftovers for dinner tonight! It is good! My husband said it reminded him of Hamburger Helper which was apparently a great childhood memory as he helped himself to 2 hardy servings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura Merrill, I just love your blog! Makes me feel like I am in touch with you. Your recipes are great also. Keep it up - you have lots of fans! Love to you, Lisa

    ReplyDelete