4/21/11

Cookies and Chicken (Cream of Chicken Chicken)

Not cookies and chicken together. No, that would be gross.  Cookies and chicken separate.  The cookies were made last Friday to take to Oxford to see the sisters, the baby girl, the brother in law, the step brother, and the step brother's fiance. 

Is that how you spell fiance?  Maybe I should learn, seeing as how I have one and I am one.  Bam

Back to the cookies.  It was actually a cookie INSIDE of a cookie.  It was sinful.  And it was also resilient as the electricity went out half way through their baking and they still came out ok.  And they are not weight watchers, just FYI. 


Do you see that Oreo hiding in that chocolate chip cookie?  Stop it.  You can find the recipe here, but don't blame me if you eat them all and gain 17 lbs.      

Here's a family picture.  A very windy family picture.  And it was pretty bright outside.  Please notice how absolutely adorable my very pregnant sister is.  She is all baby, that girl.  Her rear is smaller than mine, and I'm NOT weeks away from having a baby.  As always, Chick and the Baby Girl are lookin' cute.  I'm sticking my tongue out and tilting that head, which is just about right. 


Now the chicken. 

I don't have any pictures from this meal because to be quite honest, I was having a chicken issue and didn't eat it all. The flavor was there, it was the texture that was getting me.  However, I feel like it's a good, solid, slightly redneck recipe and maybe you'll want to try it.  And maybe you're better at cooking chicken than me and / or less neurotic and will in turn have better luck. 

Drum roll please for Cream of Chicken Chicken...

Cream of Chicken Chicken
adapted from All Recipes

4 boneless skinless chicken breast, trimmed
1 can reduced fat cream of chicken soup
1 cup 2% milk
salt and pepper

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  

Combine soup and milk in a small bowl.  Spray a baking dish with cooking spray, place chicken in the dish and season it with salt and pepper.  Pour the soup / milk mixture over the dish.  

Bake for 45 minutes or until done.  

Serving size 1 chicken breast
Points plus 6  

2 comments:

  1. I would be making those cookies tonight if I didn't have to wear a bathing suit at the neighborhood pool in a month. Yum.

    AP has that same little jacket. You girls all look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your little niece! she looks like the 4th sister, seriously. does jen know if she's having a boy or girl yet?

    ReplyDelete