4/1/11

A Few on Friday

Good Friday, party people!  Hope this post finds you happy and well. 

I've taken my exercise to the streets this week as I work through the run / walk schedule listed in the book I discussed last Friday.  This morning was my favorite so far as the sun came up about 630 and it wasn't as cold.  Nice break from the cloudy fawg, aka fog, that's been skankin' around all week.  The sunlight made me kind of feel like a vampire.  Happily, though, it gave me a chance to check out some of the beautiful blooms around my neighborhood.  Yes, I was taking pictures of trees at 645 this morning.  If you know what they are, clue a girl in. 


These purple ones smelled so good

One of my hobbies is pretending like I have a green thumb.

Another one of my hobbies is Pintrest.  I've talked about this before, but it's worth mentioning again.  Because it's awesome.  It helps me feel so organized. If you are a pintrest user let me know your user name!  I'd love to follow you.  You can find my pins here

You know what else makes me feel so organized?  Google docs.  I can't even talk about how much I love it.  Get a gmail account and start using it. 

I'm having a slight technology geek out today. 

Whew. 

Ever heard of a virtual dementia tour?  The student intern at our hospital choose to do virtual dementia tours for his big project.  It's a program designed to simulate dementia / aging and give people a better understanding of what it's like to live with things.  I was reluctant to do it as I (shocker) do not like to feel out of control and do not (shocker) enjoy not knowing what is going on. It ended up being an extremely uncomfortable situation, I spent a lot of the time just standing there trying to will it over.  However, it was a situation that I was grateful for as I feel like it gave me at least a fraction of a glance into what it is like for some of the individuals that I work with.  I'm not going to give to many details as I hope that someday you might be able to do the tour and it's best if you don't know a whole lot about it.  I will say that you have to wear these...

go here to learn more about the Virtual Dementia Tour

My hope is that there will one day be a cure. 

Speaking of hope, read this story about hope after the earthquake / tsunami in Japan.  Good stuff.

You know what else is good stuff?  Travis Tritt.  For real.  That long hair.  I love it.  I leave you with one of his hits.  Heard it on the way to work this morning.  Volume all the way up.  

  
Happy Friday! 

2 comments:

  1. the purple flowers are wisteria. we have some and i love it! so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ghi, after reading this post, I'm afraid that you may have a touch of the dementia. Sure did make me miss you though....

    ReplyDelete