4/18/11

Foiled Again! (Crockpot BBQ Chicken)

First of all, thanks Ginny for the title of this blog post. I was definitely "foiled again" when I realized this morning that I had neither a Tupperware container nor a Ziploc bag to put my lunch in.  Enter creative use of foil. 


Also in this shiny mix was a peanut butter sandwich for my breakfast.  But I ate it right when I got to work so it didn't make the picture.  And if you want to know more about Glory greens go here.  

Now for the chicken.  Simple, quick, makes a lot, tastes good.  What more do you need?  Nothing.  I found this recipe from Allrecipes and made only a few adjustments.  Enjoy and happy Monday!  Woooo!  

Crock Pot BBQ Chicken
adapted from Allrecipes

4 frozen chicken breasts
12 oz bbq sauce
1/2 cup light Italian dressing
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbl Worcestershire    

Place the chicken breasts in a crock pot.  Mix the rest of the ingredients together, pour over the chicken.  Cook on high for 4 hours.  

About 30 minutes before it's ready to eat remove the chicken breasts and shred them up.  

Serving size 1/2 cup (makes about 8 heaping servings)
Points plus 4

No comments:

Post a Comment