4/14/11

Lesson Learned (Roasted Red Ranch Potatoes)

Don't you hate it when you think you should do something, and then you're like "Oh, it's fine" and then turns out you should have totally done it?  Like when last night I thought to myself "I should spray that baking sheet before I put the potatoes on it" but then decided against it...


Lesson learned.  And pan possibly black in spots for life.  Oh well.  

Let's get on to the more important things.  Like ranch potatoes.  When I was a student at DSU I lived in this great house with two great friends Emily and Liz.  While we were not performing amazing culinary feats in the kitchen, we were armed with a few solid recipes from our moms.  I had my broccoli and cheese soup, Emily had her chicken rotel, Liz had her ranch potatoes.  Oh, sweet Lord, those ranch potatoes.  Maybe you've had some similar?  It's red potatoes, a stick of butter, a tub of sour cream, a ranch packet, and some bacon....just for good measure. 

Amazing it was.  Healthy it was not. 

I was quite excited when I stumbled upon this less buttery version of ranch potatoes on on of my new favorite WW blogs LaaLoosh.  Check them out!  And be sure to spray your baking sheet first.  You've been warned....

Roast Red Ranch Potatoes
from LaLoosh

12 oz red potatoes, washed and cut up into hunks
cooking spray, olive flavored if you've got it
1 ranch packet
1 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 425. 

Place potatoes in a large bowl, spray them with cooking spray and toss.  Add ranch and salt, toss again and make sure that the ranch and salt are distributed evenly among the potatoes. 

Spread potatoes out on your greased up baking sheet.  Bake for 20 - 25 minutes. 

Serving size 1/4 of recipe
Points plus 2

I scraped these SOBs off of the baking sheet and served them with a pork tender loin and some macaroni and cheeseWhoops.   

1 comment:

  1. I do this potato thing all the time. I always forget to spray with PAM or something before. When will I learn?!

    ReplyDelete