4/25/11

Let's Do Lunch (Skinny Low Yolk Egg Salad)

I have a friend at work named Susan.  Maybe you remember me mentioning her in the past.  She's pretty cool, I guess.  Just kidding...she's awesome.  And she counts points with me.  Support at work is nice, seeing as how that's where I spend all of my time. 

Today she had a crab salad from Subway (5 points plus for two scoops of crab, 0 for all of the veggies she had on there) and while it she wasn't hungry when she finished, she wasn't satisfied either.  And you know what that left her?  Crabby. 

Sorry I couldn't resist. 


This concept is something that I think about a lot...being full vs being full and satisfied.  Or sassi-fied, if you'd rather.  While it's not hard to get full, it's more challenging to get sassi-fied. 

What are your thoughts on this?  How do you ensure that you eat healthy, yet feel satisfied.  And please don't say "I just love salads!"  Because I love salads too but having just that for lunch probably isn't goingn to do it for me unless it's got something fried nestled in the lettuce...

Lucily my lunch, which was a low yolk egg salad sandwich, turned out to be quite satisfying.  The entire can of green beans I had with it were good, too.  So here's the egg salad recipe...you know, just in case you didn't get your deviled egg fill yesterday.  

Seriously, those things are dangerous. 


Skinny Low Yolk Egg Salad Sandwich
adapted from Gina's Skinny Taste

4 egg whites (hard boiled)
1 egg yolk (hard boiled)
4 tsp light mayonaise (Hellman's is good)
1/2 tsp dijon mustard
2 tbl chopped green onions
salt and pepper to taste

Chop up egg whites and the egg yolk.  Place in a small bowl.  Add the rest of the ingredients, combine well.  Stick her in the fridge.  

Serving size 1/2 of recipe
Points plus 2  

3 comments:

  1. Well LMA... I think ur pretty coolness too!!!! Whew! Cant wait to get home and eat again!!!! hehehehehe
    peace out!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm I keep staring at the crab salad.

    I'd say that could be really nice if it had a lime and yoghurt dressing instead of what looks like coleslaw? Maybe some cucumber and beans.

    List of salads you might like: http://irishwishesarespecial.blogspot.com/2011/04/is-it-summer-yet.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. A recent research indicates that when hens are fed with a diet low in omega-6 fatty acids from a young age (feed high in wheat, barley, and milo and lower in soy, maize and sunflower, safflower and maize oils) they may cause less oxidative damage to human health.
    Any thoughts on this?

    Peace

    Mike

    ReplyDelete