4/20/11

Meet the Meat Sauce

First of all, I crack myself up.

Second of all, I made some meat sauce last night.  Nothing fancy, nothing crazy, just some semi homemade Sandra Lee type jazz.  

Would've been better if I would've had garlic.  Also would've been better if I would have picked up some garlic when I went to the grocery store this morning.  Yes, this morning.  I love the grocery store in the morning.  


Quick Meat Sauce

cooking spray
1/2 lb lean ground beef
1/2 onion, chopped
1 cup no sugar added pasta sauce

Spray a small pot with cooking spray.  Add the beef and the onions, cook until brown.  Add the pasta sauce.  Allow it to simmer for about 30 minutes. 

Serving size about 2/3 of a cup (makes 3 servings)
Points plus 4

Serve over pasta....2/3 of a cup of dry wheat pasta is 5 points.  

1 comment:

  1. you crack me up too.
    love me a meat sauce.
    the grocery store in the morning is glorious.

    ReplyDelete