4/27/11

Simple Chicken Salad

I originally wasn't going to post this recipe.  In fact, I didn't even make it to eat myself.  I made it because my precious fiance smiled sweetly at me and asked if I'd whip him up some chicken salad. 

He knows that I love him, as it required I handle raw chicken. 

Actions speak louder than words, people. 

My next action of love is to get this, along with his initials and our future wedding date, inked on my wrists. 


Only kidding. And I can't find the source for that picture now so if this is  you, I'm sorry I didn't give you credit!

Anywho, sometimes food = love.  This recipe turned out to be pretty good and was not awful in points, considering that I didn't really change anything about it.  It's just a simple chicken salad, nothing flashy.  Enjoy! 

Simple Chicken Salad
adapted from All Recipes

4 cups cooked chicken, shredded
1 cup Hellmans light mayonnaise
2 tbl fresh lemon juice
2 stalks of celery, chopped up
2 green onions, chopped up
1/2 tsp black pepper

Place all ingredients in a bowl, combine well. 

Serving size 1/2 cup (makes about seven servings)
Points plus 6

No comments:

Post a Comment