4/13/11

Two of My Favorite Things (Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken)

The title of this blog makes me think of The Sound of MusicThe Sound of Music makes me think of that time that I was NOT picked to be Greta in the Delta Center Stage Production.  Ooooooooooo.  Still makes my blood boil.  

Kidding.  But seriously, two of my favorite things on the planet are peanut butter and slow cookers. This fact alone made it obvious that this meal was going to be a hit. It's been in want to try it Pintrest file for quite some time and it was worth the wait.  Here's a blurry picture that I took just for you...


Weight Watchers Thai Peanut Chicken
from Slender Kitchen

1 1/2 lb chicken breast tenderloins
1 red pepper diced (Mine was molded so I left this out. Gross.)
1 onion, chopped
1/2 cup reduced fat chunky peanut butter
juice of 1 lime
1/2 cup fat free chicken broth
1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
1 tbl cumin
1 tbl coriander

Place chicken, onions, and red peppers in the bottom of a slow cooker. 

In a small bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients.  Pour over the chicken.  Cook on high for four hours.  Shred chicken with a fork. 

Serving size 3/4 cup
Points plus 6

I had this over whole wheat noodles but it would also be great over rice.    

1 comment:

  1. LM-- A good friend said Pintrest was super helpful for her when she was planning her wedding. I'm not using it, but I'm not very organized either! I can get details if you like. Hope you are still in glow-mode! xoxo-mmm

    ReplyDelete