4/11/11

WW Friendly Banana Bread

Darn it. 

I didn't take a picture of my banana bread.  I mean, I could still take a picture of it but it's all sliced up and wrapped in saran wrap and kind of chaotic looking. 

Since I don't have a picture of the banana bread, here is a picture of a village in Malaysia. 


 find it here

Did anyone else spend their Sunday evening curled up on their couch watching Human Planet?  Geeze.  Amazing stuff.  Actually though, Mike Rowe could narrate Nascar and it would make me start watching it.   

What was I talking about?  Oh yeah.  Banana bread.  Or 'nana bread as I sometimes like to say.  Here is a version for us weight watchers.  Is it as good as my mamas banana bread?  I'm going to go with no.  But is it a good 3 point breakfast / snack / meal in a pinch?  Absolutely.  

WW Banana Bread
adapted from Food.com

3 bananas
1 cup of splenda
1/2 cup of natural applesauce
1/2 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder 

Preheat oven to 350.  

In a large bowl smash the bananas.  Add the splenda, mix with a mixer.  Add the rest of the ingredients.  Mix until well combined.  

Spray a bread pan with cooking spray.  Pour in mix.  Bake for about 40 minutes, begin checking for doneness.  Cook until knife inserted comes out clean.  Cut into 10 equal slices.  

Serving size 1 slice
Points plus 3 

1 comment:

  1. Perfect timing! I was looking for a good banana bread recipe this morning! You must have read my mind! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete