5/27/11

A Few on Friday

Dear Joy the Baker,

My birthday is very soon and I would like for you to make me these....

find it here

Thanks and love,
Laura Merrill

Dear People that actually read this blog,

Maybe one of you guys could make these for me since 'ole Joy probably isn't going to see this. 

Thanks and love,
Laura Merrill

Just figured I'd put it into the universe and see what happens. 

Speaking of putting things out into the universe to see what happens...anyone interested in buying some hand made dresses and / or jon jons??  I'm sewing to sell.  Stay tuned for a post about that this weekend. 

Ah, the weekend.  It's Memorial Day weekend, you know.  And guess who has Monday off?  Me.  I do.  Why is this amazing?  Because depression doesn't take a holiday.  Except for Memorial Day.  Apparently depression takes the Memorial Day holiday. 

I kid.  Well not about me being off Friday but about depression taking a holiday or not.  I'm not making light of any type of emotional distress...Lord knows it's not something to joke around with.  I'm laughing because for the past 6 years I've had very few holidays off; I guess I'm a little jazzed to be able to sleep in Monday.  Well, I won't sleep in because it's impossible for me to sleep in, but I at least will spend some much needed QT with the Today show.  While resting in my couch biscuit. 

Speaking of emotional distress...I've recently started following several very informative sites on twitter that are related to psychology, counseling, and the like.  Psych Central is full of really cool articles, as is the NAMI website.  Check them out if you're into that kind of stuff. 

I need a new book to read.  I finished reading In the Sanctuary of Outcast and it was phenom.  Loved it.  Thanks Lindsey for lending. 

I'm thinking about this one...

find it here

Or maybe could go a little lighter with this one...

find it here

What do you think?  I love a suggestion.  And I love a comment.  But I promise I'm not just hunting comments I really would like some book suggestions.  Thank you. 

Let's end this with some pretty peonies...

find it here

Happy Memorial Day!  

4 comments:

  1. Ashlyn and I love handmade dresses... and I finally got a joint checking account with the hubby.. so you do the math...

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol @ a depression-less memorial day! that is quotable. i'm glad you get a long weekend! i'm interested in buying a jazzy dress for amelia. we should meet up at ella rose next time you are in town. are those brownies with chocolate chip cookies in the middle? swoon. also, i'd read bossypants if i were you. i'm reading david sedaris right now, and i think there's nothing better than a little comedic relief during the summer months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm almost done with Gone with the Wind and I'm loving it!

    Also, A Thousand Splendid Suns is an excellent book. Sad, but a quick read and page turner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So when is the birthday? I do like do bake during the summer months and I'm just down the street!

    ReplyDelete