5/16/11

Goals and Near Amputations

That got your attention, huh? 

We'll start with goals, so that you'll stick around to hear about the near amputation. 

I need your help. 

I've set two goals for this week and am really serious about meeting them.  The goals are as follows...

1.  Exercise 5 out of 7 days for at least 30 minutes each.
2.  Do exact point tracking 5 out of 7 days. 

Not to bad, huh? 

So here's where I need your help. You are more likely to be successful at meeting goals when you reward yourself for your hard work.  I'm stumped as far as what my reward can be.  I'm not exactly rolling in the dough so it's got to be cheap.  And since the goals revolve around improving health, the reward probably shouldn't be pie.  Or french fries. Or anything that resembles pie or french fries. 

So your suggestions are encouraged. 

Ok, so the near amputation. 

I went to Lillo's last night (which is part of the reason that I decided that goal setting was a necessary evil this week) and on the way there my phone slipped into the abyss that is underneath Brandon's front seat.  Seriously...it is an abyss.  Who knows what all is down there that will never be retrieved.

When we got to the restaurant I proceeded to shove my entire arm under the seat and feel around the the phone.  Well, my arm got stuck. Like completely and totally stuck and I immediately began to panic.  I hollered to Brandon that my arm was stuck and that it was probably going to have to be amputated.  Right then and there.  In the parking lot of Lillos. 

He didn't seem to realize the severity of it and continued doing some sort of Lillo's dance / chant or something.  I wasn't really paying attention as I was focused on my arm being stuck and wondering if it was going to be possible for me to learn to write left handed.  

Luckily, my friend Jeannie was there and she was able to help me calm down long enough to shimmy it out.  Then she was able to go into the abyss, as her arms are much smaller than mine.

My phone was rescued and I still have my right arm.  Plus some ware wolf attack looking battle scars.  


Lesson learned.  
  

3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness gracious. so glad your arm was not amputated! i once got my arm stuck under my car seat--painful.

    also...about your goals...i think that if you can go a certain number of weeks (2 weeks? a month??) you should get that fiance of yours to pay for you to get an hour massage as a reward!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something that I do for a reward is write my workouts in a journal. It's really just a notebook, but I call it a running/workout log. I go ahead and write down my goals for the week. As a reward, I get to hi-light them as each one is complete. At the end of the week, if they are all hi-lighted, that is the best reward ever!!!

    It sounds cheesy, I know, but it really works!

    ReplyDelete