5/13/11

Observations, Pictures, and Salsa Chicken

I've observed several things during my time taking care of the baby girl.  Here are a few of them...

1.  Garbage disposals are among the coolest inventions ever.

2.  Blueberries are pretty great, too.


3.  Cartoons these days are strange.  Like, kind of freak me out strange.

4.  Outsourced (in my opinion) is still not funny. But Parks and Recreation?  Not as bad as I initially thought. 

5.  I am horrible at packing for trips.  I just can't seem to figure it out.  Someone is going to have to pack me for my honeymoon or else I'll end up with 6 sports bras, a ball gown, and a pair of jeans that don't fit.  

6.  I was going to stop at five but here's another one that's worth mentioning...toddlers LOVE crockpots.  Seriously.  


This is the shot of the baby girl enjoying last nights supper.  The meal was a simple crock pot salsa chicken and it's for sure a keeper.  She excitedly exclaimed "Chicken!" and proceeded to clean her plate.  It's worth mentioning, however, that this child doesn't turn down food.  It's more than that nose that tells you she's an Alexander..... 

This dish was simple, quick, and tasty.  I just ate it right out of the bowl but it would be great put inside of a tortilla.  And yes I make stuff like this all the time.  Whatevs. 

Crockpot Salsa Chicken
adapted from Crockpot 365

1.5 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
2 cups of salsa
1.5 cups of frozen corn
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained

Place all ingredients in a crockpot.  Cook on high for four hours.  Remove chicken, shred it, return it to the pot.  You know the drill.  

Serving size 1 cup (makes about six cups)
Points plus 6

1 comment: