6/3/11

A Few on Friday

I love words.  Quotes, song lyrics, all of that jazz.  It's been going on for quite some time, this love of words.  In high school, Lindsey, Leah, and I would spend countless hours recording meaningful words in our notebooks.  Mine, the "yellow notebook" was quite impressive.  You see, we were young and tortured, had our hearts broken evil, mean spirited boys.  This also led to a lot of time riding around, crying as we listened to things like Summer's Ending and I'll Be. But that's a whole other post....  

It was tough being fifteen.

No, really it wasn't.  Really we were just all a little self absorbed and overly dramatic.  

I like words now that inspire me and lift me up.  I try to read from two different devotions every morning and love it when there are some good words that I can mull over for the rest of the day.  I'm very much in my head a lot of the time and appreciate a good quote.  And a good reminder of how I need to be actin'.  Like these....

    

  
All images found here.

Do you live near Greenwood?  Are you looking for something to do in the mornin' time?  Well you should come to the farmers market.  I went last week and got a gallon of blueberries and some biscuits.  The blueberries have been a wonderful treat to snack on all week and the biscuits changed my life.  They did, seriously.  It was cheddar and herb type situation with a piece of sausage.  I'll for sure be back tomorrow...

Let's go back to high school for a minute.  I'm sitting here talking to Ginny right now and we are talking about the GGCC's Tennis Special.  

ok fast forward a lot of minutes....  

Our conversation about the tennis special led me to spend A LOT of time looking for a certain blog post featuring this recipe. 

I finally found it.  Thanks Sarah Barry!!!

GGCC Tennis Special
copied and pasted from Best of the Best

1 lb spiral pasta
6 grilled chicken cutlets (marinate overnight in Italian dressing)
1 yellow bell pepper sliced
1 red bell pepper sliced
chopped broccoli
chopped carrots (as much or as little as you like for the broccoli and carrots)
1 cup Italian dressing
1 cup Ranch dressing (I make my own Ranch from the dry packets, but bottled would be fine)

Mix all ingredients and pour dressing over pasta! Refrigerate.


I want it!

I also want Neutral Milk Hotel to come out with a new album!!


And I want my paperwork to do itself!

None of these things are going to happen.  Except for maybe the Tennis Special.  

Oh wait one more thing I want....for Lindsey to have a WONDERFUL time at Long Horn Steak House.  I hope you'll be hearing more about this in the future.

Go Friday!!! 

1 comment:

  1. so glad you located the tennis special, deep down in the bowels of blogland.

    ReplyDelete