6/20/11

Funny Words and Bang Bang Shrimp

If you've known me for any length of time, you probably know that I absolutely crack myself up. 

For example...the whole time I was making this meal this conversation kept happening:

Me (rather loudly): HEY BRANDON!

Brandon (just trying to watch one of those Jason Borne movies): Yes, Laura Merrill?

Me (still loud):  CORNSNARCH!!!

Brandon (almost annoyed): What?

Me (dying out laughing): CORNSNARCH!  Isn't that a funny word? 

That's where the conversation ended. 

But I'm still laughing about it.  Say it out loud... CORNSNARCH!  Now make someone else say it. Isn't that funny? 

It absolutely slays me to replace the "starch" in cornstarch with "snarch."

Again, I crack myself up.

Moving on.  

Have you ever been to Bonefish Grill?  Me neither.  But apparently, they have this thing called Bang Bang Shrimp.  And apparently it's quite the popular dish.  Several places in the delta are now offering it up, including Websters in Greenwood and Vince's in Leland.  I've never ordered it, just heard people rave about it.  I was pretty pumped to find that
Gina had revamped it into a WW friendly version.  It was pretty darn good!  Even the Brandon enjoyed it; enough so that he appeared to forgive me for my earlier annoying behavior. 
 

Bang Bang Shrimp
adapted from Ginas Skinny Recipes

5 tbl light mayonnaise
3 tbl Thai sweet chili sauce
1 tsp sriracha (rooster sauce)
1 lb shrimp, peeled and devained
2 tsp cornstarch (snarch)
1 tsp canola oil
Lettuce, cut into strips
green onions (I left these off because mine had turnt')

Combine the mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, sriracha and set aside. 

Toss the cornstarch with the shrimp, toss it with you hands to ensure it all gets mixed up in there. 

Heat a large skillet over high heat until hot.  Add the canola oil, allow the oil to get hot.  Add the shrimp to the hot pan and cook until done. 

Remove from heat.  Toss the shrimp with the sauce.  Serve over a bed of lettuce. 

Serving size 1/2 cup (makes five servings)
Points plus 4

No comments:

Post a Comment