6/22/11

Harvest Grain Salad

I've said it before, I'll said it again.  Grocery shopping can be tough around these parts.

Luckily I have friends that live in cool places with cool grocery stores.  Like Lindsey living in Nashville with a Trader Joe's.  While there over the weekend, we were able to run in for a bit, between wedding dress trying on and boutique perusing. 

Trader Joes was kind of intense.  There was a lot going on and I couldn't quite figure out which way the check out lines went.  Country comes to town, huh?  Regardless, I was able to snag two bags of what I'd been hunting. 

I spotted Trader Joe's Harvest Grain Blends first on one of my favorite new sites, Danica's Daily. Ever since seeing her recipe for the harvest grain salad, I knew I wanted to try it. 

If I were a bettin' woman, I would say that this is going to become my summer staple.....

 

Harvest Grain Salad
adapted from Danica's Daily
1 1/4 cup of harvest grain blend from Trader Joe's, cooked according to package directions
1/2 jar of marinated artichokes
1/2 jar of sun dried tomatoes (drained, rinsed)
1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
a few big dashes of Tony's
fresh pepper
chives (I didn't have chives but I know they would be great)

Combine all ingredients and serve hot or cold. 

Serving size 1/2 cup
Points plus 4

Something strange has happened with the spacing of this post and it's on my nerves.....

1 comment:

  1. have you tried quinoa? it's a great grain. kind of has the texture of tabbouleh. it is on the real simple list of the 30 healthiest foods.

    ReplyDelete