6/6/11

My Favorite...Again (Southwestern Turkey Burgers)

This one may look familiar to long time readers.  It was featured on here sometime last year.  It was also featured as the star of Friday night's supper.  And it's still my favorite. And now I'm sharing it with the updated points plus value!   

I'm tired this morning.  My sentences are choppy when I'm tired. 

Moving on. 

I feel like the salsa in these burgers are what make it so awesome...I'm always impressed with how moist and sassy and flavorful they are. 

Give them a shot if you haven't already!  And stop judging my sink basket thingy....


Southwestern Turkey Burgers
adapted from WW Online

1 lb lean ground turkey
6 baked tortilla chips, crushed
1/3 cup of salsa
1/4 cup of chopped cilantro
2 green onions, chopped
1 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper

Combine all of the ingredients well.  Separate into four equal patties. 

Heat a large pan over medium high heat and spray the pan with cooking spray.  Spray the burgers with cooking spray also, just for kicks. 

Cook the burgers until done, about 7 minutes on each side. 

Serving size 1 burger
Points plus 4

Serve on a light wheat hamburger bun, some additional salsa, and some reduced fat cheese (if you fancy.) Adjust points as needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment