6/29/11

A Weekend Egg Bake

Breakfast is maybe my favorite meal.  Maybe.  I mean it's a tough call. 

For the sake of this blog post, let's say that breakfast is my favorite meal. 

I especially love breakfast on the weekends.  I am a perpetual early riser so it's fun to get in the kitchen a fix up something fancy.  

This past weekend, I experimented with an egg bake.  I even got to use those long, shallow dishes that make me think of a fancy brunch.  'Twas fun. 


Egg Bake 
adapted from Kayotic Kitchen

cooking spray
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped tomato
2 slices of deli turkey (chopped)
1 tbl shredded weight watcher cheese
2 eggs

Preheat the oven to 350.

Spray a small pan with cooking spray.  Add the onions and tomatoes and cook until soft.  Add the turkey and cook until hot. 

Spray a ramekin or other small baking dish thing with cooking spray.  Place the onions, tomatoes, and turkey in the dish.  Sprinkle the cheese on top.  Crack the eggs atop it all.  Take something sharp and stab the yellow part of the egg.  This will make it kind of spread out. 

Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until the eggs are set. 

Serving size entire dish
Points Plus 6  

No comments:

Post a Comment